Sunday, September 2, 2012

Cut it out

"And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell." Matthew 5:29-30.

 I started to think about all the sinful things that my eyes have looked upon in my past, and if I were to "pluck them out". I started to think about all the sinful things that I have used my hands for in my past, and if I were to "cut them off". I started to think about all the ways (through thought or action) that the various parts of my physical body have been used in sin in my past.

  • My brain - sinful thoughts.
  • My feet - brought me to sinful places.
  • My hands - touching, holding, creating sinful things.
  • My mouth - speaking wickedness.

This list just kept getting bigger and bigger, and in imagining myself removing all of these parts of my body from me, I realized that there wouldn’t be much left.

No comments:

Post a Comment